News and comment
The news stories on this page have been written and produced by a third party and neither nor its representatives can be held responsible for the accuracy of the content/information contained within these stories.
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
Citywire Investment News
- Sunday Papers
Sun, 26 May 2013 00:01:00 +0100
We roundup the weekend's press.
- Saturday Papers: News Corp poison pill shields Murdoch
Sat, 25 May 2013 00:01:00 +0100
And ?Cybernats? bullying Scottish business into silence before vote, says Darling.
- The Expert View: ASOS, Electrocomponents and Standard Chartered
Fri, 24 May 2013 17:16:42 +0100
A roundup of some of the best analyst commentary on shares, also including Salamander Energy and Rightmove.
- Kames give Milburn co-manager on High Yield Global Bond fund
Fri, 24 May 2013 11:39:16 +0100
Kames Capital has named Claire McGuckin as co-manager of its High Yield Global Bond fund alongside Phil Milburn.
Citywire Money, Tax and Property
- Castle Trust: a bet for both sides of the property market
Fri, 19 Apr 2013 14:44:11 +0100
We look at a company offering a savings account and a 'shared equity' mortgage that let you take a punt on whether house prices are rising or falling.
- Santander told to contact borrowers about botched rate change
Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:22:56 +0100
The City watchdog has ordered Santander bank to contact 270,000 mortgage borrowers whom it failed to explain an important change in their contract five years ago.
- Buy-to-let is booming but beware the pitfalls
Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:25:46 +0100
The buy-to-let market is buoyant as investors are lured by high rents and cheap mortgages.
- Landlords targeted in HMRC tax clamp down
Wed, 20 Feb 2013 09:00:00 Z
HMRC is demanding landlords hand over details of their properties and tenants even if they have declared rental income.
BBC Business News
- VIDEO: Hopes of India vaccine breakthrough
Sun, 26 May 2013 01:57:52 GMT
India may be a leading producer and exporter of vaccines, yet the government's immunisation programme fails to reach an estimated 28% of babies born there.
- Is Ryanair really Europe's most punctual airline?
Sat, 25 May 2013 23:08:30 GMT
Is Ryanair really Europe's most punctual airline?
- VIDEO: Can India maintain its economic growth?
Sat, 25 May 2013 14:45:28 GMT
India is preparing to reveal its GDP statistics for the year from April 2012 and March 2013, with official estimates suggesting growth for the period was around 5%.
- VIDEO: Concern over smart meter hacking
Sat, 25 May 2013 11:07:45 GMT
Over the next few years the plan is for every household to get a smart energy meter - but technology experts say some of the meters can be hacked.
- Councils 'destroying' verge wildlife
Sun, 26 May 2013 02:17:11 GMT
Councils in the UK are destroying wildlife habitats by cutting grass verges too often, charity Plantlife warns.
- 'The cough that paralysed me'
Sun, 26 May 2013 01:17:23 GMT
'The cough that paralysed me and left me in constant pain'
- Why I work with sex offenders
Sun, 26 May 2013 00:53:24 GMT
What it's like to work with sex offenders
- VIDEO: Lightbulb moment: Radios on the ceiling
Sun, 26 May 2013 00:31:18 GMT
Designer adapts light socket to power "hanging" radio